MAJOR : 7 ASSIGNMENT
MAJOR : 7 ASSIGNMENT
Name Of College : Maharani shree Nandkunverba mahila arts and commerce college
Name : Goti Yashashvi Bharatbhai.
Year : S.Y.B.A
Sem : 3
Subject : English
Paper Name : Translation - II
Date : 06/09/2026
Professer Name : Amena Ma'am
HOME ASSIGNMENT
■ Match the Following English Words with Their Gujarati Meanings
No. English - Word - Gujarati word class Meaning
1. Teacher Noun શિક્ષક / શિક્ષિકા
2. River Noun નદી
3. Write Verb લખવું
4. Help Verb મદદ કરવી
5. Bright Adjective તેજસ્વી
6. Honest Adjective પ્રામાણિક
7. Quickly Adverb ઝડપથી
8. Always Adverb હંમેશા
9. Friend Noun મિત્ર
10. Sing Verb ગાવું
●Conclusion:
This activity helps students learn English vocabulary along with their Gujarati meanings and also understand different parts of speech such as nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs.
CLASS ASSIGNMENT
■ News Clip: 82 Teachers Honoured with National Teachers’ Awards
Date: 5 September 2026
Topic: Education
On the occasion of Teachers’ Day, President Droupadi Murmu honoured 82 teachers with the National Teachers’ Awards for their innovative contributions to education. The awardees included teachers from school education, higher education, polytechnics and skill training.
Several teachers were recognised for creative projects such as promoting reading among students, encouraging student journalism and using technology to create educational resources. The awards highlight the important role of teachers in improving education and developing students’ skills.
This news shows that teachers play an important role in building a knowledgeable and responsible society. It also encourages teachers and students to use creativity and new ideas in education.
ESSAY
My Own Story – A Helping Hand
One evening, I went to the market with my mother to buy some vegetables and household items. It was around 7 o’clock, and the market was quite crowded. People were walking around, shopkeepers were calling customers, and vehicles were passing through the busy road.
While we were returning home, I noticed an elderly man standing near a bus stop. He was holding a small bag and looking confused. He kept looking at the road as if he was waiting for someone. At first, I thought he was simply waiting for a bus, so I continued walking.
After a few steps, I noticed that he was still standing there and looked worried. I went back and politely asked him, “Uncle, can I help you?” He told me that he had come to the market to buy some medicines, but he could not remember which road he needed to take to reach his home.
He showed me a small piece of paper on which his address was written. I checked the address and realised that his home was not very far from the market. However, he was unfamiliar with the area and was afraid of taking the wrong road.
I called my mother and told her about the situation. She agreed that we should help him. We asked a nearby shopkeeper about the address, and he explained the direction. Instead of simply telling the man the way, I decided to walk with him for some distance so that he would not get lost.
We walked slowly because the man had difficulty walking. On the way, he told me that he had come to the market alone because his family members were busy. He had become confused after coming out of the medical shop.
After about fifteen minutes, we reached a familiar road. The man recognised the area and became much more relaxed. A little later, we reached his house. His family members were worried because he had been away for longer than expected. When they saw him with us, they immediately came outside.
They thanked me and my mother for helping him. The man smiled and said that our small help had made him feel safe. I felt happy, but I also realised that we had not done anything extraordinary. We had simply taken some time to help someone who needed us.
When I returned home, I kept thinking about the incident. We often become busy with our own lives and forget to notice the people around us. Sometimes, even a few minutes of our time can be very valuable to another person.
That evening taught me that helping others does not always require money or great effort. A kind word, some patience and a helping hand can make a big difference.
This experience remains one of the simple but meaningful memories of my life. It taught me to be more attentive towards people around me and to help whenever I can. I believe that kindness makes our society better, and we should never hesitate to offer a helping hand to someone in need.
= X = X =
Comments
Post a Comment